How do you break this cycle?? : So you don’t have any wedding photos in your portfolio –> so no one will hire you –> so you can’t take any wedding photos –> so you don’t have any wedding photos in your portfolio.
- Reach out to other people who know what they’re doing and have done it before and try to hop on their train, however you can
- Reach out on Facebook forums/ Put out a Craigslist ad
- Do your own styled shoot! As a second shooter it’s hard to get the perfect angle, and you’re not able to call the shots, so you’re not able to get the exact photos you might want.
- Make your own situation happen! Figure it out.
- Offer to friends to shoot their wedding. But make sure you’re prepared, because there are a lot of things that can go wrong. It’s not worth wrecking a friendship over wedding photography gone bad.
- When you feel confident enough, talking through the day and knowing in all the different situations you’ll be shooting in that you’ll be prepared (super-dark reception, blazing sun outside, camera breaks, you drop a lens, etc)
- Ask me anything photo/business related on twitter @grainhappy !