So if you gave the best camera to the worst photographer or the worst camera to the best photographer, who takes a better photo? In this podcast we talk:
- Don’t let equipment stop you.
- It’s not JUST clarity or lack of grain or lens zoom.
- What really makes a photo is the person’s inner eye, their artistic vision
- How can you grow as a photographer in a way that isn’t dependent on the gear you have?
- If you understand light, emotion, composition, etc you can take amazing photos just with a cell phone camera.
- Bad light vs beautiful light is a complete change in the photo
- The LIGHT quality, angle, color, contrast between darks/lights makes a HUGE difference in the quality of the photo
- Keep the same camera you have, and UP YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF LIGHT.
- Use a white sheet as a diffuser to spread out a light source to get smooth shadows
- You become a better photographer by learning to see the world differently. Not buying better gear.
- You could go years and years into learning how to understand light.
- Learning light is the biggest thing you could do to change your photography instead of upgrading your gear