John Yates (from Celladora Photography) joins us and shares with us everything you NEED to know about your client before you even meet them in person!
- Think more specific instead of abstract
- John explains what he knows about his fictional client: what she does for fun, where she goes to school, what websites she visits
- You’ll still get diversity in your clients, but it helps you hone in when you try to find those clients
- It’s MORE important the clients you say NO to, than the clients you say YES to
- What is your bride searching for? If you “know” her, it’ll be a lot easier for you to put yourself in the right place so she can find you
- You don’t have to BE this type of personality, you just have to understand this type of personality
- Adapt your idea based on the REALLY successful clients you have
- John’s first wedding was BALLER. On a beach, at a resort, in Mexico. Talk about an awesome start haha.
- As a photographer, you’re basically tethered to the bride’s side for the entire wedding day. THE PERSONALITY HAS TO MATCH.
- If you shoot a wedding that is NOT a great fit, that could actually hurt your brand because the referrals you’ll get from that wedding probably won’t fit either
- Be a strong personality so that your website does some of that filtering — make sure you really put your personality on your website in the way you word things, the way you talk about yourself, and the way you talk about your photography.
- PUT YOURSELF INTO YOUR BRAND. Don’t be afraid of repelling people.