When are you done with editing, where do you stop? This podcast talks all about finding those boundaries:
- You’ve GOT to pay attention to how you FEEL. If you only use your EYES and not your HEART, you’re missing half of the show.
- This is something you work on if you don’t automatically feel emotion when you see a photo
- Try this for fresh eyes: mess your photo up on purpose, by pulling one slider all the way down or up, then pull it back to where you think it should go
- Ask yourself this: how does your photo compare to the photo of someone you respect? Copy their editing.
- As you go back and forth between YOUR work and THEIRS, you’ll start noticing a bunch of differences. THIS IS GOLD, because it helps you see what you’re missing.
- Look into these: dodge and burn techniques, sharpening, faded shadows, super heavy contrast, higher contrast w/lower saturation
- You’ve gotta experiment.
- If you’re in Lightroom, try different presets! Alien Skin, Mastin Labs, VSCO (we use these), Coles Classroom Presets
- Cole’s Classroom has a FREE preset pack you’ve gotta check out here.
- Another tip here: reach out to other photographers for their feedback. This is only good BEFORE you’re set on a style. Once you find a style, STOP LISTENING to other people because you have to have your own opinion eventually.
- If you got value from this podcast, PLEASE review this podcast! It inspires and motivates me to create even more and better content.