Deliver a product that other people can count on.
- Customers that see your work will hire you for what you’ve done before.
- Coca-cola looks a specific way, always tastes the same, in the same bottle with the same colors. You KNOW WHAT IT IS because they’ve stuck with it.
- The opposite of that is a photographer who shoots EVERY kind of photography and edits many different ways and delivers a different experience every time.
- To succeed with business, you need to be very clear who you are and what you do.
- It’s okay to find SOME ruts to stay in. Ruts aren’t all bad. Don’t keep being unique and changing your product once you develop a winning product.
- Imagine if Coca-Cola kept changing. If you thought about buying a coke but saw that came in a bag or a pouch, had a different color, had a different font for the logo and had totally different coloring on the package, you wouldn’t trust the product as much. You might not even buy it.
- CREATIVITY IS BEAUTIFUL. You have to keep being creative. But you must understand that as far as developing a wedding photography business or photography business where you serve clients directly, you need to be able to deliver the same type of service. And the same style of images. And the same branding/packaging and the same type of experience.
- That way, people will know that they can trust you enough to pass your name onto other clients.